THE ROLE OF VICE CHAIR OF A MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
Michael Tait highlights the key role of Vice Chair
A Multi Academy Trust (MAT) is a group of schools in the United Kingdom that work together under a single governance structure. They share resources, knowledge and expertise. The Vice Chair of a MAT is a key position with a number of important responsibilities. They are responsible for supporting the Chair and the wider MAT in achieving its goals.
Responsibilities of the Vice Chair of a UK Multi Academy Trust include:
1. Supporting the Chair: The Vice Chair is responsible for supporting the Chair in their role and taking on their responsibilities when they are absent. This may involve chairing meetings, making decisions, and representing the MAT.
2. Leading on specific areas: The Vice Chair may be asked to lead on specific areas of the MAT’s work, such as finance, human resources, or strategy. In this role, they will work closely with the senior leadership team and other stakeholders to ensure that the MAT’s goals are met.
3. Representing the MAT: The Vice Chair may be asked to represent the MAT at external events, such as conferences or meetings with government officials. In this role, they will need to be able to articulate the MAT’s views and goals effectively and build positive relationships with key stakeholders.
4. Supporting the development of the MAT: The Vice Chair will play a key role in supporting the development of the MAT, helping to shape its strategy and ensuring that it is aligned with the needs of its schools and communities.
5. Ensuring compliance: The Vice Chair will also have a responsibility to ensure that the MAT complies with all relevant regulations. This includes health and safety laws and financial reporting requirements.
The Vice Chair of a UK Multi Academy Trust plays a vital role in ensuring that the MAT is successful and effective in achieving its goals. They need to have a good understanding of the education sector, the needs of schools and communities, and the challenges facing MATs. They must also have strong leadership skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
In conclusion, the role of the Vice Chair of a UK Multi Academy Trust is an important one. They have a wide range of responsibilities that require strong leadership skills, good judgement and the ability to work effectively with others. The Vice Chair plays a key role in supporting the Chair and the wider MAT, helping to shape its strategy, ensuring its compliance with regulations, and representing it at external events.
JOB DESCRIPTION – MULTI-ACADEMY TRUST CLERK
THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CHAIR OF A MULTI ACADEMY TRUST