JOB DESCRIPTION – MULTI-ACADEMY TRUST CLERK
Here we set out a job description for a Multi-Academy Trust Clerk.
Multi-Academy Trust Clerk
We are seeking a highly organised and efficient individual to join our multi-academy trust as a Clerk. As the Clerk, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Board of Trustees and ensuring that the Trust operates in accordance with its legal and regulatory obligations. You will play a critical role in the smooth running of the Trust and ensuring that the Board of Trustees can operate effectively.
- Organise and attend Board of Trustees meetings, taking minutes and ensuring that actions are followed up on in a timely manner.
- Prepare and circulate agendas and associated papers for all meetings of the Board of Trustees, ensuring that all necessary information is provided to Trustees.
- Advise the Board of Trustees on governance, constitutional and procedural matters, and act as a source of guidance on governance best practice.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the Trust’s governance arrangements, including the Trust’s Articles of Association, Scheme of Delegation, and any other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Trust complies with all relevant legislation, including the Companies Act, Charities Act, and Education Act.
- Liaise with external agencies, such as Companies House and the Charity Commission, to ensure that the Trust meets all of its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Provide advice and support to the Chair of the Board of Trustees and the CEO of the Trust on matters relating to governance.
- Ensure that the Trust’s policies and procedures are up-to-date and that Trustees are aware of any changes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good knowledge of governance best practice and relevant legislation.
- Ability to work effectively with senior leaders and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a governance or clerking role within the education sector would be an advantage.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
This is a full-time position, and the successful candidate will be based at the Trust’s central office. The salary for this role is competitive and will be dependent on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.